Make Him Your Passion - Mission Stories by Dr. Sherry-Ann Brown

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? ..." And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ~ Isaiah 6:8

Friday, July 11, 2008

CAR JOURNAL VI


NEGLECT

I know Jasmine is feeling neglected because I haven’t written about her in a while. So much has happened since my last entry. I wouldn’t even know where to begin, so I won’t think about it… I’ll just write.

RAMPAGE

Do you know that the enemy is on a rampage? And we have no choice but to fight?

But don’t be afraid, God Himself tells us in His Word that the gates of hell will not prevail against the name of Jesus.

You know Jesus came on earth, showed us how to live, died on the cross, was dead and buried, took into His possession the keys to Hades (or Hell) and sits at His Father’s right hand…Right? He is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords… Nothing is greater than He… No one is greater than He… The Enemy certainly isn’t…

So be strong and keep the faith and keep holding on. Yeah, we live in a world plagued with injustice, but keep your eyes focused on the Judge, the Counselor, the Great Physician, and there you will find peace.

There you will find the key and the ability to become ALL that you can be. All that He made you to be.

THE LIGHT ON THE DASHBOARD

Jasmine is crying because it costs so much to feed her that one day I didn’t. Her gas tank was on E for several, several hours, while I drove around Connecticut slowly… hoping the car wouldn’t shut off on me… and making a plan for what I would do when she eventually shut off. I just wasn’t ready to go the gas station to spend $55 - $60 filling up her 14 gallon belly. I love my car, I am so grateful for my car…. But that’s a lot of money.

So the light was red next to the E and I kept driving slowly… When the light got bright orange, I would slow down till it was dark red again.

When I eventually stopped to fill up the tank, Jasmine guzzled down FIFTEEN gallons! WHO KNEW my car held 15 and not 14 gallons!!!


LIMITS

I guess sometimes you have to be pressed towards your limit for you to know what you can handle.

In Philippians 3:13, Paul tells us, “But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead…”

So no matter where you’ve been or what you’ve been through, no matter all the good and all the bad and all the things you’re uncertain of how to classify, just know WHO you are and, by golly, WHOSE you are. AND STRAIN!


EPILOGUE

My new favorite verse for this period in life is: "Do not plow with an ox and a donkey yoked together." ~ Deuteronomy 22:10 (NIV). My friend asked me, “hmmmmm…so what happens when you plow with them yoked together?” I laughed and responded, “bad things…hinders you from fulfilling your destiny…from living the purpose God has for you.” (Unless, of course, you’re Hezekiah and God calls you to marry a prostitute to make a point about His relationship with Israel… or if you’re my friend whose husband ended up making a complete 180 degrees and now He is the amazing spiritual head of their household…)

What do you guys think? I’d love to hear from everybody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home