Make Him Your Passion - Mission Stories by Dr. Sherry-Ann Brown

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? ..." And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" ~ Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

South Tahoe - Cairo Moment

One day, I was in a car riding with a few wonderful older women. We were driving from the San Francisco Bay area to South Lake Tahoe. The woman in the middle of the back seat of the little car felt unwell, particularly at somewhat high altitude - were at about 4,000 feet. She tried to rest, get some fresh air, and drink some water, but she still felt unwell. In addition, her back was starting to feel a little bit stiff. I didn't know about the back or her legs but I knew about her feeling unwell. At one point, when we got to a very beautiful vista, God showed me a brief vision of the woman (who was in the back seat in the middle) actually out of the car and walking around at the vista. I didn't say anything, as we kept driving and did not stop. After an opening in the road showed up at the vista, God kept showing me the same vision of the woman getting out of the car and stretching her legs in the opening at the vista. Eventually, I said something. I asked the driver whether we could stop and let the vision happen in reality. Then the woman from the back responded that she would love that, as her back felt uncomfortable, and she had not been able to stretch out her legs in the back seat of the tiny car, and so we stopped and pulled over. I explained to them that God actually had showed that to me when we were at the vista and every time we were at a clearing, I would see that vision of her walking around, and I apologized for not being obedient at that time, because when I did say something, we were already past the vista. I was grateful that we did eventually find a place to stop and pull over, and the lady was able to get out of the car and stretch her legs. I was grateful that eventually I did say something, because in fact she didn't feel that she could have gone another half an hour, which was intended to be the rest of the journey remaining in the car, without having had a chance to do stop and stretch her back and legs. So, everyone was happy that I spoke up about the vision I saw, and that we were able to do that for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home